Monday, May 29, 2017

Epic Seconds


So, I am toddling about on a beach in the mid-Atlantic where wild horses wander, actively pondering the workings of the universe and somewhat annoyed at gaining a few pounds and a few well deserved gray hairs.  I think it is odd that I still see myself as a 30 year old but note that guys no longer give me a second look as I pass. I wander into the beach bath house and notice a young woman around 18-21 years old that weighs about 40 pounds more than me blow drying her hair and sauntering around in her paisley thong and cropped t-shirt.

Her mother has never 'fat-shamed' her.  It was quite obvious that no one ever said to her; "You would be so beautiful if you lost some weight.".  She was a living, breathing, stunning work of art. I was suddenly and instantly jealous and envious and in awe of her. I've never experienced anything like that! She lives in a completely different world and I actually found myself thinking that while I simultaneously love and hate many portions of her world, I want to live in it too.  Then I found myself wanting to believe that I have contributed in creating this world for her in which she can be so confident and comfortable in her skin.  Perhaps I have...

I toddle out behind her as 4 young bucks await her emergence like a plump flutterby from a cocoon, and she did not disappoint.  I wish I had that confidence at any point in my youth.  She was obese and breathtaking!  She looked healthy and beautiful in every way rockin' that paisley thong and cropped tee.  I am still processing it all. She stunned me with her beauty. Again, truly a work of art. Oh what I could have achieved with all that confidence!  My history is a different world altogether filled with many endearing, amazing, beautiful and sometimes tragic and insecure epic seconds which now include her.  I was experiencing such a vast array of emotions in those brief but epic seconds.

I found my mind wandering to a different time in a far away world that is known only to me as My-Story but is as foreign and alien in this time as any planet in the universe.  I still see glimpses of that old world when I walk in the rain or am hiking in the woods or even wandering through a department store-until I see a mirror or some other reflective surface showing an image of the old woman looking back at me.

I am struggling to figure out just when it happened.  I went from a reasonably "hot chick" to an "old woman" in an epic second!  Shit!  I really thought I was paying attention.  It is such an odd & startling epiphany. I wish someone would have warned me.  Shit! Time is fleeting. I want more epic seconds!


3 comments:

  1. Ah you are beautiful inside and out. And girl just being there is an epic moment, wish I was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister to Sister you have always been and always will be a beautiful work of art...You are perfect they way you are and you should glory in the fact that you too possess all the confidence, beauty, and should be in awe of yourself for all of the wonderful, beautiful, things you are made of. I've loved you every step of the way always will...You will always be my baby sister and the most beautiful creature I've ever had the privilege of meeting much less belonging too. I love you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stating exactly how I feel also! I have withdrawn from the world also, cancelled my TV all together and find myself questioning the same things!! Much love your way and please know you are not alone!!

    ReplyDelete